Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on week 1

1. My iPod allows me to access my blog and let's me view Dr.prestons blog to see our assignments. What will be a hassle is football practice :(. It takes up about 20 hours a week and I do my best to stay focused on my studies.

2. The best learning experience I have ever had was in 6th grade. Me and my friends were hanging out in front of a 7/11 and we see this individual with a mental disability walk in the store. We smiled Nd acknowledged him then just kept talking with one another. We then notice that inside the store there were 2 teenagers making fun of the guy we saw to a point where that individual was almost in tears. We rushed into the store and asked them to stop but like I said I was in 6th grade and teenagers don't give a crap what we said. Fortunately the person working at the 7/11 spoke up and put those punks in there place. I learned that just because someone is different than you, you can't pick on them and make them feel lesser than you. Also if you ever see someone getting picked on you should stand up for them and for your belief that no one is better than any other person.

3. I'm excited for this class because like I've said in my other blog posts, it's something different and fun! I have no concerns about this class. As long as I work hard and do my best I should be fine :). I'm looking forward to learning all these big vocabulary words and learning how to read a poem, story or myth and being able to understand it in depth. This class will help me prepare for later in life by getting me use to using all my free time for school. Having to check the blog post the assignments on my blog makes it more challenging than doing traditional bookwork and that's good because I get more out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home